Programs the Mazak Matrix, Integrex, e-Machine, Multiplex, Quick Turn and Super Quick Turn,
Nexus, Smart and the broad range of horizontal
and vertical machining centers as well as all
standard G-code CNCs.
What is it?
As a Mazak user or owner, have you ever wanted to:
- Program Mazatrol programs on your PC or laptop, in the comfort of your own office, and without interrupting running machines?
- Save your valuable programs by storing them onto your PCs hard drive, and retrieve them for later use?
- Communicate with your Mazaks from your PC (upload and download your programs)?
- Program a part once, and then output it to both Mazatrol and G-code post-processed for any other machine (e.g. Fanuc, Fadal, Mazak EIA, Okuma)?
- Take CAD files from customers or engineering and use them to assign the tooling and go directly to Mazatrol or G-code?
- Create CAD drawings from scratch, or edit existing CAD files and go to Mazatrol or G-code?
- Print out Mazatrol programs?
- Covert Mazatrol to G-code for any other control (e.g. Fanuc, Fadal, Mazak EIA, Okuma, etc.)?
- Use only one CAD/CAM system for all your CNCs, Mazak or non-Mazak?
- Use a graphical programming method to program your parts, so that all your trig calculations are automatically done for you.
These are just some of the capabilities that MazaCAM gives its users.
So, what is MazaCAM? MazaCAM is an advanced off-line programming system for the Mazak CNC machine tools. But what does that mean exactly? It means that in addition to the conventional method of programming a Mazak (on the control), you can program your Mazaks completely off-line in your office, or even on the road. This in itself is only a small fraction of the capabilities and features of MazaCAM, these are some of the reasons why MazaCAM is an advanced off-line programming system.
Who uses MazaCAM?
MazaCAM is in use by many large plants such as Boeing North American and Lockheed Martin, but is also utilized in many small job shops, or start-up machine shops. It was developed to be easy-to-use for those new to off-line programming, and yet deliver the power that is needed for those experienced users. Primarily, MazaCAM addresses Mazatrol, but many shops use MazaCAM if they have a variety of controls on the shop floor, Mazatrol and G-code, and need a system that integrate all of them with one system.
What does MazaCAM consist of?
MazaCAM is a complete programming system, seamlessly composed of the following:
- Geopath CAD/CAM — Geopath is SolutionWare’s premier CAD/CAM system. It is very easy-to-use, and gives the Mazak user a complete set of CAD and CAM features. Geopath in itself delivers excellent programming capabilities. For more specific information about Geopath CAD/CAM, see our SolutionWare website.
- Mazak Utilities — Seamlessly integrated into the Geopath CAD/CAM system are SolutionWare’s Mazak utilities. These utilities consist of:
- MazaCAM File Commander — An intelligent solution that gives programmers a master console for Mazak file management, editing, conversions and communications with Mazak CNCs. For more information please see our MazaCAM File Commander page
- Mazatrol Editor — The Mazatrol Editor can be used to either write a Mazatrol program from scratch, or to load in existing programs to be edited. The Editor provides one with the standard Mazatrol set of commands. The Mazatrol appears similar to that on the Mazatrol control, but as the Mazatrol Editor is Windows® based, it takes full advantage of Windows features such as pop-up menus, scroll bars and copy-and-paste capabilities. It also gives the user the ability to plot the shape (Shape Check) of the part he is programming. For more information please see our Mazatrol Editor page.
- Mazak Communications — Upload and download capabilities to and from the control. Also communicate with the Mazak Microdisk and all popular DNC systems.
- Mazatrol Conversion — Makes your Mazaks backwards compatible; for instance, take an M-Plus program and instantly convert it to an M-2 program.
- Mazatrol Program Printing — Lets you print out programs.