We are pleased to enclose a new release of our software suite, Version 25, with the new features and improvements summarised below. Some of the items described here were pre-released as Version 24.1, optionally downloaded from our website.
Thermoflow Suite 25 (TFLOW25) released. Some highlights follow.
- Multi-Point Design is a new tool in the MACRO to help manage creating a single GT MASTER model from a collection of GT PRO designs.
- GT MASTER models can be directly imported into THERMOFLEX to produce an equivalent off-design model in that program which allows enhanced modeling flexibility.
- GT PRO and GT MASTER now include hybrid thermal-electric desalination systems. Models for MED+RO and MSF+RO were added to the existing thermal-only and electric-only options that were already available.
- STEAM PRO, and STEAM MASTER now include desalination models akin to the five different setups available in GTP/GTM. MED, MSF, RO, MED+RO, and MSF+RO are all included.
- A new ‘Commentary’ text ouput report is included in GT PRO. Current values for key design parameters are listed along with typical ranges for each to make plant designers aware of any potentially unusual inputs.
- THERMOFLEX now includes a Smoke Tube Evaporator icon, exhaust-driven and direct fired absorption chiller icons, a thermally-stratified storage tank icon, a liquid storage tank icon, and a Ruths steam accumulator icon.
- THERMOFLEX’s flowsheet graphic editing features were improved to make it easier to edit the drawing. Icons can now be disconnected from streams without losing the stream definition. Tagged connections may now be preserved when connected icons are deleted.
- PEACE cost estimation for small plant (sub 25 MWe range) was improved in GTP/GTM and STP/STM.
- Gas turbine and reciprocating engine libraries were expanded to include additional engine specs and revisions to existing specs.